Thursday 25 April 2013

LAMDA Preliminary

No comments :
 
Today I had my audition for LAMDA. I was scheduled for half past twelve and was back on the tube by one o'clock. This audition is made up of two sections; first, you perform your two speeches in front of a panel of two, then you go in to a separate room to have an interview with two graduates.
 
I did the same speeches, but for some reason didn't feel quite right afterwards. I don't think I was owning the space as well as I could have or have done in past auditions. It was a quite small and dark studio, but relaxed. After that, I was taken in to see the graduates who were absolutely lovely. They specifically asked what I was doing in my theatre A-level and why I wanted to go to LAMDA. It's very chilled so don't worry at all. They just wanted to know how far I was with other schools and were very impressed about my success with RADA as it is my first year auditioning.

Just some quick advice. I didn't plan when was the best time to audition for my selected schools but I cannot even begin to explain how much I have learnt and grown as an actor just by auditioning. By best recommendation would be to leave your 'favourite' or 'preferred' schools for later on. To do this, just mention on your application when they ask for unavailable dates say for example: "Unavailable until March" or whatever. That way, you have plenty of time to learn and develop your acting technique.

Good but short day. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks to hear back. For those that don't know, I was turned down by Central. Which leaves this school and RADA.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - it means a lot to me when I hear feedback. I will try to reply as quickly as possible!